1. a formal expression of opinion or intention made, usually after voting, by a formal organization, a legislature, a club, or other group. Compare concurrent resolution, joint resolution.
2. a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.
3. the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc.
4. the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose.
5. the act or process of resolving or separating into constituent or elementary parts.
6. the resulting state.
7. Optics. the act, process, or capability of distinguishing between two separate but adjacent objects or sources of light or between two nearly equal wavelengths. Compare resolving power.
8. a solution, accommodation, or settling of a problem, controversy, etc.
9. reduction to a simpler form; conversion.
10. Medicine/Medical. the reduction or disappearance of a swelling or inflammation without suppuration.
11. the degree of sharpness of a computer-generated image as measured by the number of dots per linear inch in a hard-copy printout or the number of pixels across and down on a display screen.
Here is what I'm about to do:
1. If love was a democracy, I'd vote for Sara Habegger to run my heart in 2009.
2. I intend to make sure that I earn all of the apparent blessings that I have been granted by living a life that is useful, focused, and enjoyed in 2009.
3. Sometimes, I feel like hell, physically and mentally. In 2009, I am making a monumental effort to put feel-good substances and ideas in my body.
4. I've never been so sure of the kind of person that I want to be as I am going into 2009.
5. In order to live a killer 2009 existence, my main focus must be on the parts of my life that are most important: love life, health, and education.
6. At the end of 2009, I want to be in a state of contentment, knowing that I did exactly what I wanted to.
7. I'm going to separate the light of the higher power from the light of the truth.
8. 2008 was a year of frequent separation from some important people. 2009 will be a year of resolving and or fixing those problems.
9. 2009 will be rad.
10. My heart went into 2009 inflamed with anger. Let's take care of that.
11. I will stare at the resolutions of my computer due to facebook less in 2009.