Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Books and Stuff

Recently (since school has been out), I read:
A Coney Island of the Mind by Ferlinghetti
Ararat by Louise Gluck
The Descent of Alette by Alice Notley
Selected Poems of Czelaw Milosz
Lucky Life by Gerald Stern
Selected Poems of Federico Garcia Lorca
Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair by Pablo Neruda
Say, Poem by Adam Robinson
Descriptive Sketches by Nate Pritts

I have things to say about these, but there is basketball on tv, though not "good" basketball, and I need to keep learning to play the guitar. Here is a word or two or three about each of these books. Maybe, I'll say more later.

A Coney Island of the Mind by Ferlinghetti- community dude
Ararat by Louise Gluck- sad as hell
The Descent of Alette by Alice Notley- mind blowing
Selected Poems of Czelaw Milosz- cool
Lucky Life by Gerald Stern- better 2nd time
Selected Poems of Federico Garcia Lorca- Jeremy Bauer request
Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair by Pablo Neruda- Merwin was here
Say, Poem by Adam Robinson- woah
Descriptive Sketches by Nate Pritts- eh eh eh

I hope this accomplishes something. I hope you accomplish something.

No comments:

Blog Archive