Tuesday, September 28, 2010

6 PEOPLE TRYING TRYING TRYING

1. Tonight is the sweet sweet reading. Ryan Jeremy Elysia Layne Ashley and I. We reading words and trying to look cute and talking to people. These people are some of my best friends and I'm stoked. The flyer had a manatee or something with a tie, gun, and book of poems. I'm stoked about that too.

2. BEASTIE BOYS COMING TO THE HALL OF FAME. YES YES AND YES. Remember that song, where it starts with a sample like "What's another word for buried treasure? Why I think it's booty...booty..booty"? Yeah, that's nice.

3. More music talk: New No Age album out today. I hope Village Green has it. The songs they played live from it ruled big oh man. Here is a nice article about the origin of their name.

4. Another "On" Poem:
On Parents
I was watching a home video the other day, camping, I was two, my dad carrying a huge tub of Ninja Turtle action figures, my mom setting up her sticky plastic chair, pink and white striped, then my mini-matching one, teal and blue stripe. I play with the toys then join my mom on the chair, her reading some women’s magazine, me holding a newspaper upside down, while dad builds a fire. He asks if I want to go fishing later. Mom asks if I want ice cream later. I say, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, but let me finish the paper. They laugh and laugh.

5. The only time I really watch tv anymore is to watch Grey's Anatomy on DVD or documentaries. Documentaries I like a lot: Hoop Dreams, Man On Wire, the Fugazi one, and American Movie. Got anymore for me?

6. I've had some good conversations/social interactions in the past week. I like that. Talk to me, please.

4 comments:

Ashley C. Ford said...

I wish ALL of my friends would watch "Ethnic Notions". I think EVERYBODY should watch it. But most white people aren't interested.

Tyler Gobble said...

IM INTERESTED. ILL SEE IF THE LIBRARY HAS IT. IF NOT INTERLIBRARY LOAN! THEN WELL TALK ABOUT IT. OH THAT SOUNDS COOL.

shaun said...

I wish ALL of my friends would watch grey's anatomy

DB said...

those are good documentaries (i haven't seen hoop dreams)

goodass documentaries:
lumiere and company
workingman's death
anything by herzog (grizzly man is his best film)
the fog of war
gates of heaven
control room
grey gardens
the devil and daniel johnston

Blog Archive