Friday, September 24, 2010

COME GET SOME

Next Tuesday, I am reading at this cool newish bar called Be Here Now here in Muncie. The line-up reads something like my top friends list, if that thing still existed.

I wrote this sestina in anticipation of this reading:

Welcome to the stage, Tyler
Welcome to the stage, Jeremy
Welcome to the stage, Layne
Welcome to the stage, Elysia
Welcome to the stage, Ashley
Welcome to the stage, Ryan

With a poem about poetry, Ryan
With a poem about babes, Tyler
With a story to twist you between laughing and crying, Ashley
With a poem about space and lightning, Jeremy
With a story about New Orleans, Elysia
With a poem about assholes, Layne

Oh walk with me, Layne
Oh drink with me, Ryan
Oh hug me, Elysia
Oh I’m Tyler
Oh talk with me, Jeremy
Oh dance for me, Ashley

There are moments when I need you, Ashley
There are moments when I need you, Layne
There are moments when I need you, Jeremy
There are moments when I need you, Ryan
There are moments when I need you, Tyler
There are moments when I need you, Elysia

Endearing Elysia
Absolutely Ashley
Tedious Tyler
Lovable Layne
Really Ryan
Good Job Jeremy

Let’s hear some applause for Jeremy
Let’s hear some applause for Elysia
Let’s hear some applause for Ryan
Let’s hear some applause for Ashley
Let’s hear some applause for Layne
Let’s hear some applause for Me

WE GETTING SERIOUS, Ryan, YOU KNOW THIS, Jeremy
STAND ASIDE, Tyler, AND LET US BE, Elysia
WE’VE GOT POWER, Ashley AND THE CHARM, Layne.

This reading is gonna rule. This Saturday is my birthday, and since I'll be in Bloomington all weekend for XRA Fest, I'll be celebrating with these cool Muncie people that night.

OH IVE GOT IDEAS OH IVE GOT SURPRISES

No comments:

Blog Archive