Tuesday, September 7, 2010

esque + my new pub

Hey, this flash site of "oetry" and "ifesto" is weird cool stuff.

Jackie Clark's "Fixing" is one big ole tumbleweed of goodness gracious lines. I'm still worried she is in my head or heart or computer. Lines like "My job a lot of the time is solely to figure out how to say I don't know how much I am supposed to value this existence without having to say that" and "This is either exciting or exhausting" and "Eventually all my thoughts about other people get dusty in my hands" shake my head for me.

What is Amy De'Anth doing in "Erec and Enide" you ask? She is tossing poetry around like it is just words and human relationships and sight-we-are-all-dominated-by-sight. AND THAT IS WHAT POETRY IS. Good job, Amy.

"National Soul" by Lidija Dimkovska is risky like asking your spouse "to mix it up a little." This mixture is dangerous like "Since my brother hanged himself with the telephone wire/I can talk to him for hours on the phone." Oh man. It goes and goes and good.

"Jasper 1998" by the super nice Saeed Jones repeats the good stuff and flows the good images, echoing loud and clear.

"from SERMONS AND LECTURES BOTH BLANK AND RELENTLESS" by Matt Hart gets me all giddy like poetry is a sucker and I'm seven. This style is gorgeous, lines flapping together, a beautiful clap, whack.

NICE JOURNAL TO CHECK OUT

SPEAKING OF AWESOME JOURNALS, EVERYDAY GENIUS AND GUEST EDITOR PHUONG PHAM PUBLISHED MY POEM WHAT I KNOW ABOUT THE OCEAN TODAY. THANKS COOL.

No comments:

Blog Archive