Thursday, November 25, 2010

On Thanks

Certain things make the woahdometer turn up to 100, like marking foreheads and welcome signs with EXCITED EXCITED. I look at a beautiful face and I'm like you're beautiful and she says thanks, but really I'm the thankful one because (you know this) ugly things pop up like blood-shooting arteries, so it's nice to see beauty laying on your couch, breathing regularly. I forget sometimes that life can suck, taking a hospital visit or black tuxedo to remind me. Sleeping alone isn't so bad, but living alone is awful because 24 hours can be a short amount of time, but it can also be super long. I'm not thankful for what I used to be, like God and Reese's Cups, but man, I'm thankful for the human mouths that say kind words and the human eyes that see me live and the human hands that give and give. Perhaps, soon, I will do myself in, but right now, I'm thankful for not being alone.

No comments:

Blog Archive