Sunday, February 20, 2011

MIKE ADAMS MIKE ADAMS MIKE ADAMS

I'm a huge fan of Mike Adams: guitar/vocals for Husband&Wife (makers of one of my favorite albums of all time: Proud Flesh), one dude of XRA Records (REAL GOOD DIY LABEL), and guitar/vocals of Handbook For William (that silly fun band from my high school days).

AND NOW THIS, OSCILLATE WISELY, HIS SOLO ALBUM, PLAYIN SOME SERIOUS ROCK JAMS

I'm a huge fan of thoughtful lyrics, catchy jams, and a little fuzz. GOT IT.

Don't You Blanket When That Happens

To this end, I do not have to know.
It's all in fun, but gets so personal.
I know it so well I could quote it to you now.
It's fading
fast and we'll see if I care on the day it's gone.
This old world has tried to tell us 1000 times...
we'll lay in wait and carve out a better space.
I love it when that happens.
Too fast to climb, too far to fall,
when it turns out we need it all along.
Will this end?
It seems I have to know.
It wasn't then, but now I'm volatile.
I know it so well I could quote it to you now.
It's changing fast but we'll see if I'm dead on the day it's gone.
This old world has tried to tell us 1000 times the burden's great, but it's worse when you're out of shape.
I hate it when that happens.


I bought this album for Sara for her birthday. WHAT A GREAT IDEA.

No comments:

Blog Archive