Thursday, December 27, 2012

Favorite Things Of 2012

OMG. I just realized 2012 might've been the best year of my life--socially, writing-wise, happiness levels, etc. 

In no particular order, here are a bunch of the coolest things of my year:


Big Big Mess Reading in Akron with Layne, Christopher, and our country-sensation/hype woman Ashley. Started some of the most interesting and solid friendships of the year.


AWP Chicago, especially the Lit Party.


Over The Top Reading Tour. Again, solidified/kick-started some stellar friendships.


My summer road trip, pretty much everything about it, but especially: 


  • Megabus trips to Chicago/ATL
  • Having a bald eagle fly over me as I was kayaking Lake Monroe
  • Hang-time in Tuscaloosa, including hoola-hoops, group writing time, and juggling
  • Seeing the Katy Perry movie with Laura
  • The Vouched ATL birthday bash
  • King of the Hill night with Michael Straub
  • Walks with Pinky
  • Getting a tattoo in Akron with Ashley
  • Reading in Kleinberg's basement/opening for a metal band
  • Bro time with my actual brother
  • Being at the final day of the World Disc Golf Championships in Charlotte
  • A week at the beach with Layne 
  • Seeing Japandroids in Chicago with Kleinberg

Favorite album of the year: Celebration Rock by Japandroids

Other favorite albums: Now Here's My Plan by Bonnie Prince Billy, Baptist Girls by Bro. Stephen, Savages by Bonesetters (Okay it was late 2011), Attack on Memory by Cloud Nothings 


Favorite book of the year: Bender by Dean Young


Other top books: The Collected Works Vol. 1 by Scott McClanahan, Sermons and Lectures Both Blank And Relentless by Matt Hart, Madness Rack and Honey by Mary Ruefle, the two chapbooks by Nick Sturm, The Map of the System of Human Knowledge by James Tadd Adcox, I Take Back The Sponge Cake by Loren Erdrich & Sierra Nelson, What Is Amazing by Heather Christle


Check out my list of my favorite small press stuff at Vouched


Regular e-mail chats with Ashley Farmer, Mike Young, A.T. Grant, and several more.


Regular poems dropping in my inbox from Zach Arnett, Nick Sturm, Wendy Xu and more.


Seasons 2 and 3 of The Voice


Taking over as Associate Editor for Magic Helicopter

My first Ace!

Reading at the Forklift, Ohio Pool Party

Weekly Elwood Disc Golf League

Playing in my first PDGA sanctioned disc golf event


Winning the Pank 2012 1000 Awesome Words contest, judged by Michael Martone


Having Tiny Hardcore Press publish my chapbook, Goodness Is A Fine Thing To Chase

Layne becoming my girlfriend!

Moving out of my parents house!




No comments:

Blog Archive