Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Last Night

The fabulous Michael Meyerhofer and the super fun Peter Davis read for the Writers Community last night. I could not be more thrilled. The turnout was mind-boggling with around 80 people. The readings made people laugh and think, which is always a good thing. People ate cookies, drank punch, and some even bought books. (I did! 4 actually!)

A few observations:
1) Facebook events help a lot in increasing attendance. Helpful reminders or pesty reminders? Either way, people respond.
2) I'm still an awful public speaker.
3) Michael Meyerhofer isn't near as scary as I thought him to be upon our first meeting. He is a down-to-earth guy who writes smart poetry.
4) Peter Davis' new book, Poetry!Poetry!Poetry!, makes me excited for 2010 to get here.
5) My wife helps me out more than I help her out. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. She wins.

I'm hoping we can keep these readings going, possibly expanding into outside readers. My hopes are high, like a cloud or something.

No comments:

Blog Archive