Monday, March 1, 2010

Diagram 10.1

Diagram's first issue of the year is up. I read it already (besides the few longer pieces/this weekend!). I was impressed. The last issue didn't hit me with the Diagram-flavor I've grown to love. This issue tasted like Cool Ranch Doritos or something else flavorful and good.


LYING IN THE HAMMOCK
by Michael Bazzett: Started me off right. the squirrel/hanging heavy/as a sock/full of sand reminded me of my childhood. The title had cliche written all over it; the poem has coolness written all over it.

AN ORPHANAGE by Jared Dyer: The form is what struck me first. I love the way the poem goes and goes. The content is what is still with me.

JOHN WAYNE IN MUNICIPAL PROJECTION by Brandon Kreitler: I kind of miss my dad right now and this poem reminded me of that. That's okay. I like when lines get pushed places on the page and similes like stars drown/like pills/in a soft pink mouth. Way to make stars no lame again.

THE MERIDIAN HOTEL by Colin Rafferty: I like the list. Don't forgot some of Blake Butler's lists: this, this, and this. This author likes history. That helps.

SUICIDAL POETS AND THEIR CONTROLS: Nice diagram, Diagram.

Diagram is back in 2010. Rejoice. They are a decade old. Wife, Mom, Friend: Buy me this.

Read and be unlonely.

No comments:

Blog Archive