Saturday, July 10, 2010

THANK YOU VON'S!

Peeping through the new arrivals and boom Todd pops me in the jaw with ANDER MONSON. Dude's first poetry collection beat on my soul (don't say soul!) and the few poems I consumed in store said this thing's gonna rule me more. Thank you.

To the new poetry aisle! To my list! David Shumate conundrum: buy the collection I read (and loved!) or his debut. Debut wins! Thank you.

Downstairs was used book heaven, part creepy, part comfortable, decent smell, oh yeah. I pick up Back Country by Gary Snyder and can't put it down for some reason, it's glued to my hand, my soul. Todd looks at me like what? Thank you.

THREE MERWIN'S USED 5 BUCKS EACH! MR. LAUREATE! BUT I CAN'T GET THEM ALL! FLIP FLIP FLIP! STRAWBERRIES AND QUESTIONS FOR TOURISTS STOPPED BY A PINEAPPLE FIELD IN OPENING THE HAND! THANK YOU!

Wonder down to criticism. Question: Is criticism cool? I like words and hearing words, other people's words, and writing words about words about words. So, maybe? Anywoah, Jarrell is there, two copies!, I chose the cheaper, but still, used and beautiful and words. Thank you!

I passed up things like a Diagram Anthology, a Wallace Stevens selected poems used, My Alexandria (used) by Doty, a few other prose poems books (Byrne, Gary Young, etc.) what's my deal with pp's?, other wordz. Thank you anyways.

It's the next day: no regrets. Thank you.

BEST BOOKSTORE I'VE VISITED! TATTERED COVER I'M COMING FOR YOU IN AUGUST!

Thank you.

No comments:

Blog Archive