1. i got to help chris run the table and it was super cool to be able to talk about these books to another human being in a way that's not just me tugging on my friends' shirt saying LISTEN TO ME. when people ask questions and you know the answer and furthermore want to give the answer it's a mighty nice feeling.
2. sunnyoutside press makes some gorgeous books.
3. indy-based scratchtruck fed me one of the best burger-fry combos i've ever had. Scratch Burger- 1/3 lb custom ground burger, bacon marmalade, arugula and gorgonzola cheese served on a fresh, toasted soft roll. oh and that banana pudding!
4. a lot of readers with three to five minutes each is a nice way to shake things up. quick and fun. similar to why i dig lit journals so much. if you don't like it, wait it'll be over in a minute and then someone new.
5. i love listening roxane gay read. can't wait for ayiti. hope there's an audiobook.
6. picked up hosho mccreesh's book as well as sean lovelace's new one from publishing genius. i doubt they'll make it into august being unread.
7. layne ransom is awful.
8. clark swears its an acquired taste, but i'm no fan of ipas. i can do one but after that it felt like i've been sleeping with my mouth open in the middle of the woods. if it's an acquired taste, i'm not gonna let myself get there.
9. vouched books is indie lit's best I WISH I'D THOUGHT OF THAT ventures.
10. i'm so stoked for AWP CHICAGO. PLAN SOON?