Friday, May 8, 2009

H-O-N-E-S-T-Y

One of the exercises "due" last night for our marriage counseling was kind of a rate your partner thing. The exercise listed about 15 characteristics like honesty and compassionate, and we had to rate ourselves and each other on a scale of 1-7. The stated purpose was to test how close our self-perceptions matched with the other person's perception of us, a feat we accomplished pretty well. However, I'm pretty sure the hidden goal was to make me look like a butthead.

Sara was pretty harsh with her numbers, giving me two 2's and several 4's. I rated her nothing below a 5. Honestly, all of our ratings were fair. The list included qualities I don't often excel at, such as patient and even-tempered. Sara, on the other hand, was made of the mold to dominate this list. If they would have just included super cool and creepy, I would have been rolling with many more 7's. 

No comments:

Blog Archive